We’ve got it all.
The agenda is specially curated to bring out the most pressing topics from the industry.
8:00 - 9:00
Registration & Coffee
Cyber Secure Africa: Defending the National Cybersecurity Strategy for a Safe Digital Footprint
- Addressing the major challenges in protecting sensitive information and safeguarding the national assets
- Implementing strategic policies and promoting awareness among the Kenyan workforce to curb threats
- Prioritizing public-private cooperation and the need for developing and implementing cybersecurity protocols
Focus on CII Cushioning: Prioritising the Effective Functioning of the Growing Digital Economy
- Creating a strong outline of shared responsibility between private and public sector to safeguard critical infrastructure
- Continued collaboration between key agencies and departments to aid in cyber resiliency
- Implementing proactive monitoring measures to minimize loss and ensure continuous productivity
Zero Trust Etiquette: Addressing the Security Privilege Strategies with an Always Verify Model
- What is the scope of a Zero Trust initiative? How to inspect the security provided by “Never Trust, Always Verify” security model?
- Identity system: How to address the most critical unit for a Zero Trust security posture?
- Convergence of AI and ML in Zero Trust model to learn and predict employee behavior
Cyber Warfare: Advancement of New Age Weaponry in a Thriving Digital Ecosystem
- Discussing the efforts taken by defence forces in combating digital threats
- Addressing the need for strategic steps to safeguard the national interest of the country
- Strengthening the infrastructure, policies, and governance to fight against the eminent threat
CISOs Being Ahead in the Security Quest - Building a Secure Tomorrow for Organizational Excellence
- With the ever-growing penetration of internet users, how to ensure comprehensive security?
- In a constantly shifting technological environment, leveraging the CISO leadership in enabling scalable, low-risk business frameworks to maximise enterprise protection
- Accelerating collaboration and succinctly communicating top priorities for efficient and effective workplace order
11:00 - 11:30
Security at the Intersection of IoT and 5G: Building a Cyber Safe Connected Nation
- Discussing the rise in need to encrypt and protect 5G network traffic to avoid endpoint vulnerabilities
- Addressing the necessity to secure vulnerable cellular-connected devices from the unique threats faced by IoT devices on cellular networks
- Strengthening IOT security: Only way forward to a secure connected world
Future of Cybersecurity: Security Consolidation – One Roof Solution
- Unifying web, cloud services and private application access using a SASE/SSE architecture
- Is converged security service the way forward to remove complexity?
- Delivering consistent, contextual application access for all users
DevSecOps: Integrating Security with the Initial Stages of Software Development Life Cycle
- Enabling regulated testing since the beginning of the software evolution to avoid reckless cyber attacks
- Will automating manual processes and integrating DevSecOps congruent tools into CI/CD delivery pipeline enhance workflow and deliver services efficiently?
- Integrating SAST in the building stage to identify and prevent vulnerabilities from passing on to the further stages
Overview on the Benefit and Affliction with the Confluence of AI and ML in Building a Cybersecure Future
- AI helps in shaping the future of cybersecurity and contributes enormously to making minimal human errors, but how trustworthy and reliable are they?
- Intelligent Security: How can AI become the strongest cybersecurity ally in an already convoluted world?
- Addressing the challenges with the convergence of AI, ML and security
Supply Chain Security: Strengthening the Integrity of Sensitive Data
- Continuous attack surface monitoring to minimize the exposure to software vulnerabilities
- Focus on regular third-party risk assessments to ensure continuous improvement in the security posture of an organisation
- Enforcing encryption practices at the interface of third-party integrations
13:10 - 14:00
Cyber Secure Cloud - Migrating towards Cloud with Confidence
- Understanding the challenges in establishing a regulatory compliance management system for enterprises using public or hybrid cloud deployments
- Enhancing visibility into data through various controls – Data classification, DLP & Encryption
- Discussing different levels of cloud security – SaaS, PaaS & IaaS
Redefining the Security Culture in Kenya for a Safe & Secure Digital Infrastructure
- Challenges in building a sustainable security culture in Kenya
- Aligning organizational determinants and individual determinants of culture to manifest a cyber secure conscious behavior
- Identify and prioritize objectives for building a national culture of cybersecurity
Threat Intelligence – Shedding light on the Unknown by Powering the Cyber Defence Strategy
- Empowering cybersecurity stakeholders by revealing their adversarial motives and TTPs
- With the constant evolution of threats, how can intelligence cycle provide framework to effectively respond to threat landscape?
- Effectively processing the threat data to optimize resources and business efficiency
Unified Endpoint Security: The Gatekeeper to Safeguard Access Points in a Network
- With the rapid growth of IT assets footprint in an organization, what are the challenges in securely managing all the endpoints in an enterprise?
- Reducing complexity by improving coordination and reducing friction between IT Operations and security teams
- IDEA – Leveraging emerging technology to deliver rich and secure user experience
Social Engineering Prevention: Mitigating the Mounting Cyber Attacks
- Securing the passwords – Being vigilant and enabling multifactor authentication to ensure account protection
- How to strengthen the most common attack layer – Workforce?
- How to detect and identify the extent of the attack to significantly decrease the associated risk and lost productivity
16:00 – 17:00
COFFEE & NETWORKING BREAK
17:00 – 19:00
COCKTAIL & AWARDS
& end of Day 1
8:00 - 9:00
Registration & Coffee
Shielding Digital Identity Ecosystem in Kenya to Boost National Economy
- Focusing on both adoption and adaptation of the new structures and regulations to enhance cyber resiliency
- With the advent of transition into cloud services, addressing the security challenges might require a new wider outlook
- Implementing identity focused security outcomes to curb the mounting data breaches
Rethinking Network Security in the Flourishing Age of Cloud Services
- Leveraging the solutions provided by adaptive control and visibility over networks and firewalls
- Managing permitting access to effectively secure device in the network
- Minimizing interoperability shortcomings and maximizing an environment that leaves no gap for adversaries to exploit
Boosting Cyber Capacity Building to Strengthen the Regional Cyber Ecosystem
- With mounting reliance on internet and ICT services, how will security in cyber space impact good governance, human rights & economic freedom?
- Developing collective capabilities and facilitating international cooperation and partnership to effectively respond to cyber threats in the digital age
- Emphasizing the relevance of going beyond technical issues and sharing cyber secure best practices at the international level
Advocating Inclusivity and Empowering Women in the Battle of Secure Cyberspace
- Focusing on the need for actionable measures to close the gender workforce and awareness gap
- Strengthening the power in shared identity in building a strong and resilient cyber security posture
- Discussing the role of government, civil society, and the private sector in making cyberspace more diverse, inclusive and safe
Privileged Access Management - Reinforcing the Authorisation Control in an Organisation
- Finding the line between over and under implementation of privileged access to maintain continuous employee productivity
- Is decentralization the way forward to a secure IT environment? What are the inherent challenges across various verticals to minimize cybersecurity vulnerabilities?
- Controlling the damage arising from internal and external malfeasance
11:00 - 11:30
The Rise in DDoS Attacks in Kenya Makes it a Hotspot for Cyber Resiliency
- Focusing on identifying the incoming traffic varying from up-spoofed single source attacks to complex and adaptive multi-vector attacks
- How to identify the IP address or IP range of attack vendors to mitigate cyber threats?
- Ensuring network protection from remote botnet infestation that can customize attacks
Incorporating an Agile but Robust Security Strategy for Quick Recovery from Cyber Attacks
- Employing a company-wide recovery plan which serves as a lifesaver for different attack scenarios
- Creating a cyber vault as a backup system by crypto locking the vault storage
- Analyzing the security gaps in the network and taking prompt measures to bridge and strengthen the system
Multi-Vector Attack: Fortifying Security Edges of a Growing Digital Landscape
- Understanding the various entry points used by hackers to infiltrate a network
- Use of quality threat intelligence to mitigate damaging events in an organizational cyberspace
- Securing the internal and external perimeters and verifying every entry point before granting access
Securing the Pocket Device: Protecting the Critical Mobile Device from Data Thefts
- How safe is public Wi-Fi access? Is it truly free or is the free access traded with personal data theft?
- Understanding the various threat actors in mobile devices – Credential Stuffing, Brute Forcing & Guessing Attacks
- How to protect mobile devices from the rigorous phishing attacks?
Digital Forensics: Leveraging the Power of Threat Intelligence in Recovery and Cyber Investigation
- With anti-forensics growing powerful, can digital forensics framework ensure user privacy?
- Focus on cloud forensics with digital transformation pacing up
- Addressing the factors affecting the integrity and credibility of the digital forensics process – easy implementation, low cost, and the availability of encryption tools
13:10 - 14:00
Evolving Ransomware Landscape - Ceasing Data Exfiltration and Preventing the Thriving Threat
- Addressing the vulnerabilities in the system that allow the attackers to penetrate successfully
- How to use deception-based model to identify the earliest attack stage?
- How to mitigate user-initiated actions? Categorizing the data based on organizational value
Cyber Compliance: Setting the Guidelines to Tackle the Unknown
- With multiple frameworks, is compliance still a major area of confusion for business leaders?
- Discussing compliance framework for critical data – PII, PHI and Financial Information
- Understanding the shift from implementing control-based requirements to risk-based requirements
15:00 - 16:30